Wednesday 4 August 2010

Behind the Scenes | Odd Molly AW10

Odd Molly has teamed up with Helena Christensen again for their AW2010 campaign, this time with Helena as the photographer. The shoot took place at the Chelsea Hotel in New York with British model, Daisy Lowe as the new face of the brand.




Q&A with Odd Molly's creative director Per Holknekt

Tell us about your choice of Daisy Lowe? Is she a Molly?
“Daisy is a super Molly! Her clean conscience lifestyle and her living mind pair up with her personal beauty to portray a role model for both the young and the less young. Daisy Lowe is friendly, fun spirited and a thinker, just like the typical cool Molly customer.”

Did Daisy get to keep any of the clothes from the shoot?
“[Daisy] loved some of the pieces and wanted to keep them, still she'll have to wait patiently, like everybody, until fall when she will receive her picked superdarlings.”



Q&A with Helena Christensen
What was the most challenging part in the transition from a model to a photographer?
I was a photographer before I started modelling. So the transition was really the other way around. I am fascinated by photography, the effect images have on me. Working on both sides of the camera has been some sort of educational experience for me.

What kind of advantages do you think being a model yourself is giving you as a photographer?

I am a rather quick photographer. It's about not losing the vibe, the moment. As the subject I feel I can keep that going in an interesting, intimate way for a little while, and then it becomes somehow forced.


No comments: